By Ebony Williams
Intuition. It’s the greatest gift God has given us as women. At times we go against it because we are really interested in a guy, lonely, or we just want to see the good in him. While ignoring minor gut checks may be common, I’m here to give you red flags you can’t afford to ignore.
1. Insecure Men- This could possibly be the most important red flag and potentially most dangerous. There is nothing deadlier than dating an insecure man. If the man that you’re dating picks you apart whether it’s about your clothing, the way you wear your hair, how you walk and talk… ladies, I am telling you throw in the towel. You need a man who is going to uplift you and not project his insecurities out on you especially so soon in the situation.
2. Constantly talks about his Ex – ISSA DEAD END, sis. Run! When you are dating someone there should be minimal mentions of an ex. There is a reason that person is in the past! If you’re trying to build a future with someone stuck in the past, it’s never going to work. If your guy starts comparing, and just can’t seem let go of the past clearly he is not ready for the present and certainly not a future with you or anyone else!
3. Inconsistency - Consistency is important while dating. If the guy you’re dating leaves you guessing, chances are he is not serious about dating you! Don’t let him play with your feelings because he’s unsure of what he really wants. Nobody has time to entertain the uncertain!
4. Identifies as the victim- When you are dating a man who constantly identifies as a victim, and never takes responsibility for anything that is a serious problem! You don’t need to date someone that can’t take ownership of their life because guess what? You my dear, will eventually become the blame!
5. Entitled - You need a partner, not a project! Never waste your pretty on a man that feels like he can live off of you. That is a no no! If he is always asking for favors, rides, money, etc. sis, I am sorry to tell you he is not the one.